The Streetz of Los Santos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestion - FirstName_LastName be added + Kill-list removed.

+20
Tex-Mex
Pacukas
RedWhite1017
Domingo_Diaz
Cyril
Jason
Rozstal
10colej
LoWaG88
ACAC1A
Milez
Arabian Shot
bigtray
Doom
Icez
Big B
TNT123
Mike
Lil Jimmy
LukeEV
24 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Should FirstName_LastName be added? + Kill-list removed.

Suggestion - FirstName_LastName be added + Kill-list removed. I_vote_lcap55%Suggestion - FirstName_LastName be added + Kill-list removed. I_vote_rcap 55% 
[ 24 ]
Suggestion - FirstName_LastName be added + Kill-list removed. I_vote_lcap45%Suggestion - FirstName_LastName be added + Kill-list removed. I_vote_rcap 45% 
[ 20 ]

Total Votes : 44

Poll closed

Suggestion - FirstName_LastName be added + Kill-list removed. Empty Suggestion - FirstName_LastName be added + Kill-list removed.

Post by LukeEV Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:23 pm

Before we start - I'll just explain dead on.

FirstName_Lastname = Now, think about this before you start ranting on ow we should just keep our tags and random names. No hate intended, Now. AS being a roleplay-server, I think we should be more increased on the roleplay activity, there's so many reasons why this be implented. First of all, Alot of people who probably cruise around seeing our server thinks it's some random deathmatch server and would not like to go in. Reason?: The tags make the server look like a TDM server, specfically - with all the guns.

Now, sure - We could put in roleplay in the server's title, but it's still gonna make us look like a DM server. With this, people might take us more seriously and then actually join.
I 200% agree that this idea might not be implemented, I don't care if Game denies this or you don't agree with it, but think about it. People are gonna take this server more seriously.

But, I know this might be practically like a low-level/medium roleplay activity kind of server, It's okay. you don't have to agree with this idea, but If you feel like on a neutral. Then give this idea  typical trial run. If you don't like it, we can just switch back to our normal names and such, And if you do - We just keep it. Though, within implenting the FirstName_LastName suggestion. I think there might have to be a re-script of the faction system so it's in more detail to the suggestion.

Kill-list = Now, sure you must've saw a suggestion like this in the past. But, there's aways somebody who joins the server and then ends up seeing the kill=list and looks at who's killing/who's getting killed, THERE's always someone who ends up metagaming that entire kill-list and looking for people with those exact name's/tags. Then what's gonna end up happening is they are gonna chase them and kill them. Plus, if the FirstName_Lastname suggestion gets implemented, removing the kill-list is gonna be a must. Though I don't have a high guarantee that it will be implemented. Just think about having the kill-list and see what changes and what doesn't.

Now, I'll say this typically again, I'm not forcing anybody or TheGame to change the way of the server or to change anything. I'm not hating the server or doing so. This is just a suggestion, and I don't have a guarantee this suggestion will even succeed, And I understand this more like a low-level RP server, that's okay. If this suggestion gets denied/accepted. I'm not gonna rage about it, I'll just move on.

Who knows what might happen, we might gain more players and have the slots increased and such - And If not, we'll just stick to our normal ways and be calm.

NOTE: I do not want this to turn into some kind of argument topic, focus on the suggestion and just keep your opinions to yourself.
LukeEV
LukeEV

Back to top Go down

Suggestion - FirstName_LastName be added + Kill-list removed. Empty Re: Suggestion - FirstName_LastName be added + Kill-list removed.

Post by Lil Jimmy Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:25 pm

I completly agree with you. The Firstname and Lastname shoud be added. And the kill list removed due the MG

Lil Jimmy

Back to top Go down

Suggestion - FirstName_LastName be added + Kill-list removed. Empty Re: Suggestion - FirstName_LastName be added + Kill-list removed.

Post by Mike Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:27 pm

I agree about the kill list, but firstname_lastname will make us look like the other roleplay servers and we wont be special and attract players in my opinion..

Mike
Lead Admin
Lead Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeEV Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:30 pm

Mike wrote:I agree about the kill list, but firstname_lastname will make us look like the other roleplay servers and we wont be special and attract players in my opinion..

The FirstName_Lastname, It's not supposed to make the server special - It's just supposed to make us look more serious. But good opinion, Mikey.
LukeEV
LukeEV

Back to top Go down

Post by TNT123 Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:31 pm

So,lets see: You join the server deciding to take a black name ex. Terrence_Jackson because you want to join TDB and you join it,but after some time you decide you'd like to join the Varrios,so now you have to join the Varrios with the name: Terence_Jackson. Get my point? And no,don't think Game and Mike will allow you to change names 1 bazillion times.

And the killlist removal has already been accepted,and now we're just waiting for it to be implemented.
TNT123
TNT123

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeEV Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:34 pm

TNT123 wrote:So,lets see: You join the server deciding to take a black name ex. Terrence_Jackson because you want to join TDB and you join it,but after some time you decide you'd like to join the Varrios,so now you have to join the Varrios with the name: Terence_Jackson. Get my point? And no,don't think Game and Mike will allow you to change names 1 bazillion times.

And the killlist removal has already been accepted,and now we're just waiting for it to be implemented.

Well, TNT... Didn't mean anything like changing the name 1billion times - You just stick to that one character - I guess. Good fact though.
LukeEV
LukeEV

Back to top Go down

Post by TNT123 Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:11 pm

Yeah like anyone on SOLS is willing to stick to 1 character for a long time.
TNT123
TNT123

Back to top Go down

Post by Big B Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:15 pm

Mike wrote:I agree about the kill list, but firstname_lastname will make us look like the other roleplay servers and we wont be special and attract players in my opinion..
I got nothing against you Mike, but ARE YOU SERIOUS?
How unique do you think is a nametag with a random name next to it? NOT AT ALL.
It's as unique as the firstname_lastname thing.
We DO NOT attract players just by letting them use tags, it's far from unique.

But then again, I don't think we need the firstname thing, doubt that anyone here is focused on character development and whatnot, so.
Big B
Big B
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Icez Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:44 pm

just remove kill list and add that fname_lname, many ppl are rping a different name than their actual ig name so why the hell shouldnt i be able to rp a mexican with john_ johnson? its not like i cnt use another rp name
Icez
Icez
Server Admin
Server Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Doom Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:49 pm

we're a oldschool server, we dont use firstname lastname bullshit lol
Doom
Doom

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeEV Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:56 pm

Doom wrote:we're a oldschool server, we dont use firstname lastname bullshit lol

No offense intended, but it doesn't matter if it's oldschool or not, trying to make this stuff better - afro

EDIT: Question, do you want players to think that we're a fake roleplay server that's actually been designed to look like a TDM server? Or would you rather make it look like a real roleplay server and not a TDM-looked server.
LukeEV
LukeEV

Back to top Go down

Post by Big B Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:23 pm

adding the lastname thing will only MAKE us look like an RP server, but the deal is noone is focused on actual RP, character development and spending time to RP instead of shooting and walking around the hood, so it's pretty much useless to be honest.
inb4 someone thinks i'm hating
Big B
Big B
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeEV Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:43 pm

@Big, Well - If they cannot actually focus on actual RP, or any one of those - but all they do is want to shoot and walk around, then that's going to be a problem because then new players will think we're useless.
LukeEV
LukeEV

Back to top Go down

Post by Big B Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:03 pm

LukeEV wrote:@Big, Well - If they cannot actually focus on actual RP, or any one of those - but all they do is want to shoot and walk around, then that's going to be a problem because then new players will think we're useless.
we just need some updates and adjustments in all kinds of different sections, increasing the quality of the server [and the actual rp], but yeah it's not that simple.
Big B
Big B
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtray Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:34 pm

I'm agree with the kill list, when somebody kill somebody people say he "heard shots" comming from Grove Street for example, so he finds the killer.
But, about the FirstName_LastName what would happen with the people that is using short names without FN_LN?
(Sorry for my english, i'm from Greece and I don't speak english so good, :v)

bigtray

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeEV Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:35 pm

bigtray wrote:I'm agree with the kill list, when somebody kill somebody people say he "heard shots" comming from Grove Street for example, so he finds the killer.
But, about the FirstName_LastName what would happen with the people that is using short names without FN_LN?
(Sorry for my english, i'm from Greece and I don't speak english so good, :v)

FN_LN is so they use their IC character's name, instead of just having some random silly name.
LukeEV
LukeEV

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabian Shot Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:56 pm

TNT123 wrote:So,lets see: You join the server deciding to take a black name ex. Terrence_Jackson because you want to join TDB and you join it,but after some time you decide you'd like to join the Varrios,so now you have to join the Varrios with the name: Terence_Jackson. Get my point? And no,don't think Game and Mike will allow you to change names 1 bazillion times.

Then that means you have to CK your character and make a new one. Or we can have something like name change..

Arabian Shot
Head of Moderators
Head of Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeEV Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:59 pm

@Shot, Well. Better off name-changing then CK'ing your character and literally losing everything you had. I would definetely agree with having name-changes if that makes that a bit better.
LukeEV
LukeEV

Back to top Go down

Post by Milez Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:23 am

this is bs we are not unique.Every TDM server has [LSPD] [Varios] [Grove] [Ballas] [Mafia] and so on.By adding the firstname_lastname will bring us new players.We NEED new players because we will die, for example If everyone starts leaving cuz of college because we've all been here for years, sols will be dropping down to 20,15,12 because WE are the people who keep it alive, NOT new players.Name me over 12 new players that joined the server after game set it up again and I'll shut up.
Milez
Milez

Back to top Go down

Post by Big B Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:49 am

bigtray wrote:I'm agree with the kill list, when somebody kill somebody people say he "heard shots" comming from Grove Street for example, so he finds the killer.
no, that's MG.
you MG that shots came from a specific location even though you probably weren't there. just because you [allegedly] "RP" it doesn't mean it's legit.
that's like hearing supersonic hearing or whatever and just reporting crimes left and right as soon as you see someone kill someone in a killlist.
OH SHIT SOMEONE GOT HIT BY A CAR, I SURELY HEARD THAT COMING.
Big B
Big B
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by ACAC1A Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:23 am

kill-list fine, Firstname_Lastname gigantic NO
ACAC1A
ACAC1A

Back to top Go down

Post by LoWaG88 Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:21 am

only remove the kill list
LoWaG88
LoWaG88

Back to top Go down

Post by 10colej Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:29 pm

Why the fuck are we trying to make the server look like LS-RP? We come here to RP differently, if u decide to have FN_LN change then that will be a pain in the ass to create new accounts, etc.

You might aswell go to LSRP if ur trying to make this server something that its not

Remove kill list + add roleplay in server name.
10colej
10colej

Back to top Go down

Post by 10colej Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:33 pm

Big B wrote:
no, that's MG.
you MG that shots came from a specific location even though you probably weren't there. just because you [allegedly] "RP" it doesn't mean it's legit.
that's like hearing supersonic hearing or whatever and just reporting crimes left and right as soon as you see someone kill someone in a killlist.
OH SHIT SOMEONE GOT HIT BY A CAR, I SURELY HEARD THAT COMING.
I think he meant if you're within a realistic range of hearing the shots, but nonetheless you'd have to be pretty close to even care.

You hear shots everyday in the hood, it's normal for gangsters so why make a big deal?
10colej
10colej

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeEV Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:05 am

10colej wrote:Why the fuck are we trying to make the server look like LS-RP? We come here to RP differently, if u decide to have FN_LN change then that will be a pain in the ass to create new accounts, etc.

You might aswell go to LSRP if ur trying to make this server something that its not

Remove kill list + add roleplay in server name.

I never said anything about looking like LS-RP, we don't have their gamemode script, we don't act like them with their fancy coding.. I don't know where you got the idea of making it look LS-RP, the entire thing about it is so we can bring players and not make the server look totally like TDM server, If you didn't understand that a shitload of TDM have tags like ours. That's what every player thinks of us when they cruise and see our server in their browser. "Oh, it's a fake roleplay server considerly it has TDM tags and what-not." Then they tell their friends to not come to our server and etc.

We don't have anything that LS-RP has, so.
LukeEV
LukeEV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next