The Streetz of Los Santos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Something I'd like to point out [PLEASE READ]

5 posters

Go down

Something I'd like to point out [PLEASE READ] Empty Something I'd like to point out [PLEASE READ]

Post by Assault Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:29 pm

Hey there guys, Chauncy here. I've noticed that many people on this server feel that having a long "/me" makes you a better roleplayer, it doesn't. In fact, short /mes are great as they are concise and straight to the point. I feel that it doesn't make sense when people talk to eachother and randomly somebody types "/me looks around the area, bobbing his head while coughing up a ball of saliva and spitting to his side." You can't do that many actions in one /me. One /me consists of one action or two actions for example: "/me takes out a wad of cash from his pocket and begins to count up the currency."

I liked that I noticed that people think long /mes make you a better RPer because it seems that you're putting more effort in. Trust me, I know veteran roleplayers who do simple /mes. Now you're probably asking, "if a descriptive /me doesn't make me a good roleplayer what does?" Well, what makes you a good roleplay is HOW you actually roleplay. It all depends on your creativity and how realistic you roleplay. Maybe you could start off in a faction with a young character who you can develop, let's say around the ages of 13 and one day you're being robbed, you can display the character's emotions and change the way he acts towards different individuals such as people from his age group and people who are older than him. Maybe you're a 13 year old who's being robbed by an enemy gang member who's in his late teens or even older, you'll think twice before doing something stupid and maybe your skin may even go pale from fright.

I can post more examples and etc if you want but this is all I'll say for now, please don't hesitate to reply to this thread.
Assault
Assault

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Something I'd like to point out [PLEASE READ] Empty Re: Something I'd like to point out [PLEASE READ]

Post by TreeTop Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:38 pm

But...but... I like to do long /me's... : ( '
So, I just do it. And I'll keep do it. And I'll keep on do it. And I'll keep on doing it!  Smile 
TreeTop
TreeTop

Back to top Go down

Something I'd like to point out [PLEASE READ] Empty Re: Something I'd like to point out [PLEASE READ]

Post by Sgt.Nugget Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:58 pm

Yeah but people just see it, appreciate it and then move on and never remember that piece of RP again, unless they take a screen shot of it but I know what you mean by simple RP /mes I use to see it a lot on professional RP servers too not saying I am a really good RPer I'm actually just average I still make mistakes every now and then when RPing.
Sgt.Nugget
Sgt.Nugget

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.TutyFruty Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:46 am

u wot m9 sum pepl lyk to do detailed /mes ent shit worng about it wtf u talking bout g wdf
Mr.TutyFruty
Mr.TutyFruty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down