The Streetz of Los Santos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Editing screenshots

+3
40oz
Ryhes
TreeTop
7 posters

Go down

Editing screenshots Empty Editing screenshots

Post by TreeTop Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:39 am

I see that some players edit their SS instead of just uploading them w/o any changes. My question is, how? Are they using photoshop or someting? If yes, can someone give me a link of a tutorial or someting? Razz

Thanks for answer.
TreeTop
TreeTop

Back to top Go down

Editing screenshots Empty Re: Editing screenshots

Post by Ryhes Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:57 am

I use Photoshop.
*First I open a new, blank document. The size I use varies since I change it all the time. Recently 800x400.
*Then I drag my SA-MP screenshot over in the new document and position it, scale it etc.
*Then I usually type in the /me's and /do's that I or others have typed IG.

I haven't seen many do it, but I prefer editing all my screens first then I add them all into one, save it, upload it, post it.

You can use Photoscape, Paint etc too.
Ryhes
Ryhes
Server Admin
Server Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 40oz Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:18 am

It's very easy with photoshop (related programs even found online) they  have lots of ready effects to spice up SS's.Holler if you need help through Skype.
40oz
40oz

Back to top Go down

Post by TreeTop Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:42 am

Thanks for replying guys. Fortyz add me on skype, "dreezy163k".
TreeTop
TreeTop

Back to top Go down

Post by [IB]Lance Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:08 pm

Photoshop is the easiest one to use and the best one too.
[IB]Lance
[IB]Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Manuro Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:42 am

You need definitely some kind of knowledge in photoshop to start editing screenshots, if it's your first time using it then you'll need to check some tutorials online. I'd suggest you to use Photoscape as it's very easy to understand and it only takes a few seconds to install.
Manuro
Manuro

Back to top Go down

Post by Razzor Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:00 pm

Ryhes wrote:I use Photoshop.
*First I open a new, blank document. The size I use varies since I change it all the time. Recently 800x400.
*Then I drag my SA-MP screenshot over in the new document and position it, scale it etc.
*Then I usually type in the /me's and /do's that I or others have typed IG.

I haven't seen many do it, but I prefer editing all my screens first then I add them all into one, save it, upload it, post it.

You can use Photoscape, Paint etc too.
I do the same but my best size is 652x252, I use the proper /me's color, then I press on Layer after writing the text and stroke, set it to 2 and that's it, here's couple of examples: (NOTE: This pictures were before I moved the stroke to 2 so the text might look kinda ugly)
Editing screenshots NOFcHS8
Editing screenshots L3EK93i
Editing screenshots SI0wswe
Editing screenshots 2AhP9df

Last edited by Razzor on Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Razzor
Razzor

Back to top Go down

Post by Big B Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:31 pm

the topic is dead but i would never advise you to start with photoshop, just don't, it's hard for a begginner and not worth getting it just for editing samp ss's.
use gimp which is THE BEST for editing ss. you can perfectly edit a ss in a matter of seconds actually.
but yeah edited >> normal/unmodded
Big B
Big B
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by TreeTop Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:31 am

Big B wrote:the topic is dead but i would never advise you to start with photoshop, just don't, it's hard for a begginner and not worth getting it just for editing samp ss's.
use gimp which is THE BEST for editing ss. you can perfectly edit a ss in a matter of seconds actually.
but yeah edited >> normal/unmodded
Alright, can you send me any tutorial videos of how to use "gimp"? Or should I just download it and learn it by myself, is it that simple?
TreeTop
TreeTop

Back to top Go down

Post by Big B Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:11 am

well, doubt you'll find a tutorial where it shows how to specifically edit samp pictures, but ugh it's not that hard, really.
open gimp and just drag in your image, or just right click on your image and select "open with gimp"
now, file > new and select a nice size for the pic, i for one use 700x300 which is this and comes along nicely, leaves some space too
Editing screenshots EXmx6yo
now just copy your original picture into the window you'll be editing it in, a simple ctrl+c ctrl+v
you can then resize it however it fits you with the scale tool, you don't have to fit the whole image in
Editing screenshots Toolbox-scale
now, you can crop some text or something from the original picture by simply using the cube or whatever tool [top left corner, you can't miss it] by carefully selecting the text or whatever, then right clicking on the selection and choosing "copy"
paste the text or whatever into your image and just move it around however you feel like it.

you can also add a border to the picture by:
>select all
>shrink by 1 pixel
>invert so you are selecting that 1 pixel border instead of the whole image but that 1 pixel.
>fill the border with the bucket tool, choose any color you want, i use black, MAKE SURE YOU FILL THE WHOLE SELECTION INSTEAD OF SIMILAR COLORS.

if i don't make any sense or something I can actually make a quick video on how to do it [yes with commentary, not maximizing the notepad every 5 seconds]
Big B
Big B
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by TreeTop Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:20 pm

I got a new laptop. I've tried to take screenshot when I was ig but it said "Unable to take screenshot".

Last edited by TreeTop on Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
TreeTop
TreeTop

Back to top Go down

Post by Big B Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:23 pm

TreeTop wrote:I got a new laptop. I've tried to take screenshot whenI was ig but it said "Unable to take screenshot".
I had that before.
try deleting your screens folder from the user files.
Big B
Big B
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by TreeTop Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:51 pm

Big B wrote:
TreeTop wrote:I got a new laptop. I've tried to take screenshot whenI was ig but it said "Unable to take screenshot".
I had that before.
try deleting your screens folder from the user files.
It didn't work.  Neutral
TreeTop
TreeTop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down