SOLS: IG Name system

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Which name system would you like to see on SOLS?

47% 47% 
[ 15 ]
53% 53% 
[ 17 ]
 
Total Votes : 32

SOLS: IG Name system

Post by RedWhite1017 on Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:14 pm

Vote here as the final decision. Do you want Firstname_Lastname system or [Tag]system. The results will be brought to Risky, so he can bring a decision about it himself.

_________________
avatar
RedWhite1017
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posts : 163
Join date : 2014-08-10
Age : 23
Location : Bosnia & Herzegovina, Gradačac

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SOLS: IG Name system

Post by Big_Mero on Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:12 am

Yeah, firstname_lastname would be cool, more real shit, people will really have to rp their way in to become part of a faction, you won't see random people using gang skins, perfect.
avatar
Big_Mero

Posts : 66
Join date : 2014-08-13
Location : Ciudad de México, México

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SOLS: IG Name system

Post by Respi[CGC] on Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:05 pm

No.

You forgot the reason why we are using random nicknames. Not actual First name - Last name.
Because this is based on single player story line. If someone going to role play as CJ, Sweet, Ryder, Big Smoke, OG Loc, Big Bear, Tenpenny, Pulaski, Hernandez, etc., They surely will not want to change to "Carl_Johnson", "Sean_Johnson" "Lance_Williams" "Mevlin_Harris" "Frank_Tenpenny".
No. Thank you. We understand if this wasn't a single player role play.

_________________
avatar
Respi[CGC]
Server Admin
Server Admin

Posts : 207
Join date : 2014-07-11
Location : Planet Vegeta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SOLS: IG Name system

Post by Gundus on Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:28 pm

i dont get ur point respi
whats wrong with someones name being Carl_Johnson?
more realistic than "[GS]L0LFUKYAMAMA"

Gundus

Posts : 27
Join date : 2014-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SOLS: IG Name system

Post by Big_Mero on Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:04 pm

Respi[CGC] wrote:No.

You forgot the reason why we are using random nicknames. Not actual First name - Last name.
Because this is based on single player story line. If someone going to role play as CJ, Sweet, Ryder, Big Smoke, OG Loc, Big Bear, Tenpenny, Pulaski, Hernandez, etc., They surely will not want to change to "Carl_Johnson", "Sean_Johnson" "Lance_Williams" "Mevlin_Harris" "Frank_Tenpenny".
No. Thank you. We understand if this wasn't a single player role play.

Why not? What are they gonna lose by using Carl_Johnson or Melvin_Harris? that's fucking unique in my opinion, it would make us look like a serious server based off single player, it'd be for the better but yo everybody has his opnions..
avatar
Big_Mero

Posts : 66
Join date : 2014-08-13
Location : Ciudad de México, México

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SOLS: IG Name system

Post by RedWhite1017 on Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:31 am

Guys I repeat... It's just a name.. lol.
Who gives a shit if it's Carl_Johnson or [GS]CJ[OLR] lol

I just put this poll because you guys wanted it. Imo you can put any of those for everything i care...
It's name and doesn't add or take anything from our RP

_________________
avatar
RedWhite1017
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posts : 163
Join date : 2014-08-10
Age : 23
Location : Bosnia & Herzegovina, Gradačac

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SOLS: IG Name system

Post by Respi[CGC] on Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:43 pm

Gundus wrote:i dont get ur point respi
whats wrong with someones name being Carl_Johnson?
more realistic than "[GS]L0LFUKYAMAMA"

First of all. We do /kick. And tell them to change their IP's if it's inappropriate .

And what if someone starts RPing them, they'll have to change their name.

We donate for name changes.

_________________
avatar
Respi[CGC]
Server Admin
Server Admin

Posts : 207
Join date : 2014-07-11
Location : Planet Vegeta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SOLS: IG Name system

Post by Big_Mero on Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:55 pm

RedWhite1017 wrote:Guys I repeat... It's just a name.. lol.
Who gives a shit if it's Carl_Johnson or [GS]CJ[OLR] lol

I just put this poll because you guys wanted it. Imo you can put any of those for everything i care...
It's name and doesn't add or take anything from our RP

It seems you don't understand the whole point of the fn_ln system, it's not just a name lmao, it changes the whole game because if it's firstname_lastname then you can't have skin selection or spawning right away in your hood, you're suppossed to create and develop a character from 0 starting from airport/unity having a civilian skin and not just spawning in gang skin without even being part of that gang and rp your way in the faction..
avatar
Big_Mero

Posts : 66
Join date : 2014-08-13
Location : Ciudad de México, México

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SOLS: IG Name system

Post by Big B on Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:13 pm

Firstname_Lastname
atleast a little bit of character development will be added along with this..
avatar
Big B
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posts : 156
Join date : 2014-07-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SOLS: IG Name system

Post by ACAC1A on Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:22 pm

Voted [TAG]System, i like the way the usernames look at its standard like it is now, I dont like no strange look-like long & white usernames, just my opinion.
avatar
ACAC1A

Posts : 63
Join date : 2014-08-06
Location : Jefferson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SOLS: IG Name system

Post by Pacukas on Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:31 pm

Half of the server arent playing on normal medium RP servers with Fn_Ln. They dont gpt used to the names ,but the fact that we are the only server following the SP makes SOLS unique, not the TAG system. Its easier to report a guy who MGs your name(cause of the chat). Than reporting a guy who saw your name by pressing TAB and came to kill you. Why not add the Fn Ln? If players gonna comply add it back, if Game is not so lazy.
avatar
Pacukas

Posts : 95
Join date : 2014-07-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SOLS: IG Name system

Post by RedWhite1017 on Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:46 pm

That argument is definitely invalid.. pressing TAB and coming to kill..
Mero has a point. Picking a name and starting from zero.

But the way how you brush off the tag system by saying: "we press TAB and go kill" isn't really saying anything to us...

U need to understand that SOLS is not like LSRP or ex-PRRP used to be, with 14198247192874 players.

We got like cca. 40 players here, and when somebody names himself John_Johnson and joins Temple, it's not really hard to remember who he is... Unlike LSRP where u simply forget people in that shitload of players.
So next time he joins as John_Johnson u'll be like "oh i saw him rp with templars yesterday, ima go search for him at spawn or at temple" lol.. It's pretty much the same..

And another thing is, we need more hidden hangouts, and more spawn points. So people simply can't guess where u spawn, which means they can't MG online-list.

_________________
avatar
RedWhite1017
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posts : 163
Join date : 2014-08-10
Age : 23
Location : Bosnia & Herzegovina, Gradačac

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SOLS: IG Name system

Post by Big_Mero on Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:52 am

RedWhite1017 wrote:That argument is definitely invalid.. pressing TAB and coming to kill..
Mero has a point. Picking a name and starting from zero.

But the way how you brush off the tag system by saying: "we press TAB and go kill" isn't really saying anything to us...

U need to understand that SOLS is not like LSRP or ex-PRRP used to be, with 14198247192874 players.

We got like cca. 40 players here, and when somebody names himself John_Johnson and joins Temple, it's not really hard to remember who he is... Unlike LSRP where u simply forget people in that shitload of players.
So next time he joins as John_Johnson u'll be like "oh i saw him rp with templars yesterday, ima go search for him at spawn or at temple" lol.. It's pretty much the same..

And another thing is, we need more hidden hangouts, and more spawn points. So people simply can't guess where u spawn, which means they can't MG online-list.

Exactly bro, and if i go deeper, my whole point is that changing from Tag system to Firstname_Lastname is not just changing the names, it's about evolving ATLEAST abit in the roleplay (not ls-rp shit that's exaggerating) and stop being STUCK (that's the reason players don't play if you think further) with this DM shit where you MG taking all the OOC information to fucking IC (oh boy, TAGS), every possibility of decent roleplay is day by day more reduced, we've all seen it.

Think about it community, at the end of the day, if shit is well scripted and admins don't take the realism of the rp so serious like LS-RP, we would still be a unique server (only one based off Single Player) but ALSO the server will definitely have the chance to receive more players than ever, is our opportunity to keep this shit alive.

And for the ones who defend the Tag system i don't blame you, i've always loved it myself,  i actually was FOR the Tag system in OLD polls about this shit, i've been in this server for many years (i've quit few of them tho but here i am again) and it's been awesome, that's the reason i came back, i enjoyed it to the fullest, but i think this shit will come to an end and will escalate if we keep the current system, and we ain't far from that, shit's empty. Changing names is not that bad guys, and it would be a privilege for the people that is already playing now in a faction since factions would be more exclusive and new comers would start from zero as civilians. As long as we keep our essence and style, it would be dope as fuck, it only depends on y'all to keep it real as it should be.

that's my pinche point.


I
avatar
Big_Mero

Posts : 66
Join date : 2014-08-13
Location : Ciudad de México, México

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SOLS: IG Name system

Post by Lil_Dayz on Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:31 am

Only Firstname_Lastname won't keep SOLS alive some of people wants firstname_Lastname some of people doesn't want so if we change to firstname_lastname some of people won't come IG so lets keep TAG system and i think that Risky won't change to Firstname_lastname cuz he runs the server since 2007 and during that years SOLS never had Firstname_lastname system lets just add all the scripts that Milez has written it would keep alive not Firstname_lastname it's my own opinion.
avatar
Lil_Dayz

Posts : 39
Join date : 2014-07-13
Age : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SOLS: IG Name system

Post by RedWhite1017 on Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:59 am

tags isn't what's keeping the server alive....
tags was in 2010 - the server was full 24/7
tags are in 2014 - i rarely see anybody playing.. always 0/100

You look pretty much somebody who can't accept some changes.. Yes, I'd like the tag system over the fnln system.. but if people want fnln then what the hell? let's do it...

_________________
avatar
RedWhite1017
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posts : 163
Join date : 2014-08-10
Age : 23
Location : Bosnia & Herzegovina, Gradačac

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SOLS: IG Name system

Post by Razzor on Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:09 pm

Okay quit this bullshit, you're saying ppl dnt come on sols bcuz of [tag]? you're wrong right there.

Let's say we use Carl_Johnson, the next CJ will need the same name, how the fuck is he going to play if he can't make an account? Oh delete the old account? How about he comes back, he'll love all his stats? Special characters will be hard to roleplay as with Firstname_Lastname, think twice before you reply with "FUCK YOU NIGGA BITCh MADE NIGGA FUCKFUCKFUCK [TAG]".
avatar
Razzor

Posts : 120
Join date : 2014-07-14
Age : 18
Location : Close to you.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SOLS: IG Name system

Post by Milez on Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:15 pm

ever heard of /namechange as a command?It doesnt all have to be complicated.
avatar
Milez

Posts : 102
Join date : 2014-07-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SOLS: IG Name system

Post by Big B on Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:38 pm

Remove skin selection then. Simple as that, let people use whatever skin they want, forget the SP thing.
avatar
Big B
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posts : 156
Join date : 2014-07-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SOLS: IG Name system

Post by Big_Mero on Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:56 pm

Lil_Dayz wrote:Only Firstname_Lastname won't keep SOLS alive some of people wants firstname_Lastname some of people doesn't want so if we change to firstname_lastname some of people won't come IG so lets keep TAG system and i think that Risky won't change to Firstname_lastname cuz he runs the server since 2007 and during that years SOLS never had Firstname_lastname system lets just add all the scripts that Milez has written it would keep alive not Firstname_lastname it's my own opinion.

Oh boy, do you know how to read?
avatar
Big_Mero

Posts : 66
Join date : 2014-08-13
Location : Ciudad de México, México

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SOLS: IG Name system

Post by Lil_Dayz on Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:07 pm

Big_Mero wrote:
Lil_Dayz wrote:Only Firstname_Lastname won't keep SOLS alive some of people wants firstname_Lastname some of people doesn't want so if we change to firstname_lastname some of people won't come IG so lets keep TAG system and i think that Risky won't change to Firstname_lastname cuz he runs the server since 2007 and during that years SOLS never had Firstname_lastname system lets just add all the scripts that Milez has written it would keep alive not Firstname_lastname it's my own opinion.

Oh boy, do you know how to read?
nah i don't know how to read and to write.
avatar
Lil_Dayz

Posts : 39
Join date : 2014-07-13
Age : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SOLS: IG Name system

Post by Big_Mero on Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:14 pm

Razzor wrote:Okay quit this bullshit, you're saying ppl dnt come on sols bcuz of [tag]? you're wrong right there.

Let's say we use Carl_Johnson, the next CJ will need the same name, how the fuck is he going to play if he can't make an account? Oh delete the old account? How about he comes back, he'll love all his stats? Special characters will be hard to roleplay as with Firstname_Lastname, think twice before you reply with "FUCK YOU NIGGA BITCh MADE NIGGA FUCKFUCKFUCK [TAG]".

Calm your tits lol, i didnt' say people don't come on sols because of tag, i'm only saying sols NEVER had so many players because the IG system reduces our possibilities of atleast having abit of realism in the urban rp environment, YOU CANNOT DENY this server has DM issues since people know already everything around town because of TAG SYSTEM([] AND NAME COLOR) + SKIN SELECTION + SPAWN FOR EACH FACTION, city is fucking reduced, you are destined to do ALWAYS the same in every faction, example if you in gang you rp with your homies and attack other gangs, what else you rp apart from rping with dealers and cops sometimes? nothing, it gets bored.

About the Special Character, if you wanna rp a special character you have to be previously conscious that if you leave the place another person will use that account as a new one you won't be able to use it unless you get the special character again, i mean THAT'S why they're special characters at the end of the day, what's the problem about deleting old account? create your own character if you wanna come back and see your stats lol.

EDIT: @Lil_Dayz you need some reading comprehension that's all boy.
avatar
Big_Mero

Posts : 66
Join date : 2014-08-13
Location : Ciudad de México, México

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SOLS: IG Name system

Post by [LSB]PetiWolf on Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:23 pm

go find a script

you log ig with name [LSB]Example then you can choose one of your characters right after you logged in. If you choose Dwayne_Gangstur then ur name will be Dwayne Gangstur. You will even be able to choose character in game. Simple as that lol. But I think no1 is going to waste 2 minutes to downlaod the script and put it int othe gamemode because it is so hard..
avatar
[LSB]PetiWolf

Posts : 41
Join date : 2014-07-10
Age : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SOLS: IG Name system

Post by Respi[CGC] on Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:56 pm

You all people got to quit this negativity. This is the reason why people get tired of SOLS. Even Mike himself is now acting like Siv.

_________________
avatar
Respi[CGC]
Server Admin
Server Admin

Posts : 207
Join date : 2014-07-11
Location : Planet Vegeta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SOLS: IG Name system

Post by Auro on Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:13 pm

1. When Rob_Wayne joins the server and he will decide to start Rping with GS. He will get jumped in but after a while he will be kicked out of the faction, what then? He cant change his name because of MA. This confusing me.
2. What if Rob_Wayne in middle of progress with GS he will decide to leave the faction for a hispanic faction, never seen someone with name like this Rping in hispanic faction, again.. he cant change the name.
3. Carl_Johnson (( lets say it would be [GS]Auro )) is playing as a CJ, what if [GS]Auro so Carl_Johnson will decide to leave? Other players cant play as Carl_Johnson anymore because the name is taken and the guy cant change it lol.
4. Yall crying because server is inactive. You dont remember how it was before? One day server reached its top of players and next day it was empty, its the way SOLS is running because one day people miss the script but next day they are tired of it. Fuck yall need First_Lastname's for? To make the server look more serious? SOLS exists since 2007. There are multiple videos representing good roleplay on this server (( Idk if its from Ryhes or me or TDF guys or someone else )), since 2007.. who is playing on SOLS now? The same people, there are no new-faces.. only veterans..

Auro

Posts : 56
Join date : 2014-07-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SOLS: IG Name system

Post by Big_Mero on Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:56 pm

Auro wrote:1. When Rob_Wayne joins the server and he will decide to start Rping with GS. He will get jumped in but after a while he will be kicked out of the faction, what then? He cant change his name because of MA. This confusing me.
2. What if Rob_Wayne in middle of progress with GS he will decide to leave the faction for a hispanic faction, never seen someone with name like this Rping in hispanic faction, again.. he cant change the name.
3. Carl_Johnson (( lets say it would be [GS]Auro )) is playing as a CJ, what if [GS]Auro so Carl_Johnson will decide to leave? Other players cant play as Carl_Johnson anymore because the name is taken and the guy cant change it lol.
4. Yall crying because server is inactive. You dont remember how it was before? One day server reached its top of players and next day it was empty, its the way SOLS is running because one day people miss the script but next day they are tired of it. Fuck yall need First_Lastname's for? To make the server look more serious? SOLS exists since 2007. There are multiple videos representing good roleplay on this server (( Idk if its from Ryhes or me or TDF guys or someone else )), since 2007.. who is playing on SOLS now? The same people, there are no new-faces.. only veterans..

I answered all the questions you asked in my previous comment lol.
Fuck we need Firstname_Lastname for? Make a change, close an era and open a new one, why are you so afraid/confused to make a few changes? i play since 2009, i'd like to see how a change works, why the fuck not?
avatar
Big_Mero

Posts : 66
Join date : 2014-08-13
Location : Ciudad de México, México

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SOLS: IG Name system

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum